You will find pictures on many other pages of this site as well. Viney, chairman of Hazell, Watson & Viney, shows a distinguished guest some newly printed magazines in the Sun's Warehouse, while members of the Warehouse staff crowd around. With their support, photogravure saw its first commercial application in 1893. Jones presentation, Whippendell Road, Watford, 1908. ' The answer is on the cover of the programme for the dinner held at Buck's Restaurant, in Watford, Herts, on February 6.
Note near the ceiling the little black box with four coloured light-bulbs, used as a paging system to summon managers to the front office or the telephone.(Courtesy of Derek Hutton) Photo Locations in the first twenty years.In chronological order, they were, centre left: Anglo Engraving Co.(From the Sun archives) Photo The Cylinder Depository, c.1930.In the Depository's lead-lined tanks, steel cylinders were rotated in a bath of copper sulphate and sulphuric acid while an electric current was passed between copper anodes hanging in the solution on either side of the cylinder.